TThe MSc program aims to offer postgraduate education and training to graduate students and executives that wish to work or are currently employed in the sectors of Shipping, Finance and Management, and aim to advance to the highest levels of the international market via an English-speaking graduate training program, which is highly acclaimed.
• Ranked 5th in the World by eduniversal 2018 Masters ranking
• Award winnings from organisations such as Equal Society for our social responsibility
• Exemptions from exams from Professional Organisations such as HSA and ICS
• International cooperation with International Maritime Universities
• Prestigious organisation of International Conferences (such as IAME 2019).
The program’s international profile is strengthened through a modern, well-structured program, laboratory classes, case studies, workshops, teaching, visits to companies, seminars and conferences.
It is addressed to graduates with officially recognized undergraduate degrees in areas such as Economics, Finance, Management, Law, Science, Engineering
The postgraduate educational program leads to the award of the Masters of Science (MSc) degree and offers:
The MSc program offers:
• Postgraduate study in an International Maritime Centre, in Greece – with the highest ownership (in tonnage)
in the World and hundreds of companies located here
• The opportunity to study at AUEB, a top School for Economics and Business in Greece and Internationally recognized for its quality of education, research and training
• An MSc program qualification officially recognized by the Greek State
• An academic program taught by world class professors - all with PhD’s, constantly reviewed to fit the needs of the industry
• Placements of students with companies at the end of the taught part of the program
• Visits to companies and organizations
• Executive guest speakers from the industry and Workshops
• Use of state-of-the-art laboratory providing access to major databases, newspapers, periodicals and academic journals related to shipping, finance and management
• Scholarships available to suitable applicants
• Academic excellence prizes, awarded to students at the end of the full and part time programs
The program operates in accordance with the MSc Program Regulation(approved by the 16th Senate Session of 5/7/2018) and Law 4485/2017.
The program has a rolling admissions procedure, conducted in three rounds, with the following deadlines: • 1st round, Friday 15th of February 2019 • 2nd round, Monday 1st of April 2019 • 3rd round, Friday 31st of May 2019
Places available are limited and applications are evaluated with priority order.
CRITERIA AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
Applications are submitted electronically through: https://e-graduate.applications.aueb.gr/
1. register and login to the link above
2. find in the list of available Postgraduate Programs, the ‘MSc in International Shipping, Finance and Management’
3. select ‘full-time’ or ‘part-time’ program
4. complete all required fields in the application form
Notice:you should complete the online application and click "Submit". You will not have to upload any documents. If any personal data is not applicable (for example VAT, which is not applicable for foreign students), please type “- “.
Within a period of three (3) days, applicants have to send by post or submit in person to the Secretariat’s office (see contact details below) the signed printed form of the electronic application along with the required supporting documents.
Secretariat, MSc in International Shipping, Finance and Management, AUEB’s Centre for Postgraduate Studies, Room 913, 9th floor,
47A Evelpidon and 33 Lefkados St, 11362, Athens, Greece.
Monday to Friday: 11:30 – 19:00 Tel. +30 210-8203696, Fax: +30 210-8203667, Email: MSc.ISFM@aueb.gr, url: http://msc-isfm.aueb.gr/en-US
Documents that must be submitted with the application:
1. The signed printed application.
2. Copies of all University Degrees / Diplomas (Recognition by the Hellenic National Academic Recognition Information Centre (DOATAP) is required)
3. Official Transcripts of marks received (with certified translation in English in case the transcripts are not in Greek)
4. CV in English
5. Certified copy of the English language certification verifying very good command of the language (level C1, as determined by a TOEIC , IELTS or TOEFL score)
6. Two recent passport size photographs
7. Personal statement of approximately 500 words, in English
8. Two confidential recommendation letters (for FT program academic references, for PT program from Employers)
9. Proof of employment record, if any – required for part time applicants